Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be overwhelming. Not only is there emotional and physical stress, there are appointments, treatments, and paperwork to juggle. Managing life with cancer can leave you feeling lost and unsure. Our Patient Navigation Program is here to support cancer patients and their families every step of the way. This service, available at no cost to area cancer patients, provides personalized support no matter where they are treated.
Patient Navigation Team
Our Navigation Team is comprised of healthcare professionals focused on each patient’s well-being. They are prepared to walk with patients and families throughout their journey.
Our Nurse Navigators work with patients and their families to assist in coordinating cancer care and support resources. For those with cancer, the Nurse Navigator becomes a dedicated member of their care team helping facilitate personalized cancer care.
Each Nurse Navigator will serve as:
- Patient Advocates—We’ll work collaboratively with your healthcare team as your advocate to ensure that barriers to timely treatment are minimized.
- Resource and Information Specialists—After assessing each patient’s individual needs, our team will provide customized resource information, educational materials, and links to local community resources.
Professionally trained chaplains provide emotional and spiritual support to patients, their families, caregviers, and support system including:
- Private and confidential discussions
- Referrals to resources, agencies, and staff members to address patient and family concerns.
A Financial Counselor is on-site daily to help each patient address the financial challenges they may be experiencing, including:
- Understanding health insurance benefits
- Connecting patients with community resources and programs intended to help alleviate some of these financial stresses.
Our Patient Navigation Program has been created to care for the whole patient, including their family and caregivers. These services are provided at no cost to the patient and are open to anyone in the local area affected by cancer – no matter where they are being treated.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our Patient Navigation Team, call 783-9894 or (800) 377-0856.